Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hungry Hoosier Happenings

This weekend we went to my parents' house. For breakfast, mom made her rice pudding (Yum...I'll post the recipe one day.)

W had fun playing with his cousins and we just relaxed all day, but had THE BEST PIZZA EVER for lunch. As far as I know, they only have this restaurant chain in Indiana, but you have GOT to try it. It is called Pizza King. The pizzas are thin, with a slightly sweet crust and finely diced toppings. E I love it. (He even suggested we open one here in Cincinnati. I've heard it is similar to Cassano's pizza, but have never tried it so I can't say for sure.) I tried to get a picture of it before we dug in, but wasn't fast enough.

W "messy face" loved it too.
For dessert, mom made lemon meringue pie with a special St. Patty's Day twist (my idea):
Dinner included mom's potato salad-the only one in the whole world I will eat. (only potatoes, diced sweet pickles (NOT relish!), diced hardboiled eggs and Miracle Whip.) It was a yummy weekend.

No comments: