Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fool's "Food"

This year for April Fool's, I decided to go all out. (what can I say? It's a theme....) Some of these ideas I got from my mom (who did this breakfast when I was a teenager.) The rest I got online.

For breakfast, "eggs". (apricot half and vanilla pudding)
Lunch- I had a plan for this, but couldn't find the main ingredient. Guess I'll save that one for next year. ) Will was very disappointed he couldn't have his "tricky trickster" lunch.

Snack
- "sushi"(rice crispy treats, gummy worms or fish, fruit roll ups...kids LOVED it. Not surprised, seeing the amount of sugar. )

Dinner- "cake" with "lemonade" (I wish I had thought to write "April Fools"on it with catsup...)(meatloaf, mashed potatoes, cherry tomatoes and in the cup, lemon Jello.)

Next year, "toast" or "grilled cheese", "hamburgers" and "pizza" (you'll see...)!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You are quite the holiday and theme lover!
Very cute. :)

Jacquelyn Hart McCoy said...

I did the meatloaf too! The eggs look great, and the sushi made me hungry. You are such a fun mom!!

LauraB said...

If I didn't hate meatloaf I would totally do that..it is so cute!