Thursday, September 24, 2009

How Do You Eat an Elephant?

Tuesday was National Elephant Appreciation Day. You know I can't let an opportunity like that pass by without celebrating, so.....

I made an elephant for breakfast, and W played the elefun game. (We made it educational by reviewing colors and numbers with the butterflies.)Then he waterpainted and glued an elephant puppet.
After he was done painting, he had an elephant sandwich for lunch.
Next we read books about elephants.and had peanuts for snack. (I got the idea from when W had such a good time shelling them at my parents' house. Did you know E eats them shell and all? Yikes!)
After snack, we watched Horton Hears a Who and W drew a picture of it.













So, how do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time!
posted toabc button

2 comments:

Kari said...

My creative friend strikes again. Don't know how you come up with so many great ideas!

Christy said...

I love it! My favorite is the elephant breakfast!