Monday, November 30, 2009

Church Christmas Party

Saturday night was the annual church Christmas party. I look forward to it every year. We didn't have a babysitter, so E stayed home and I headed to church with my hot ham and cheese wreath.Not Bitter or Anything First we ate and had devotions, then it was time for the church's first ugly sweater contest. (My idea!)

I bought my sweater from Craigslist. It wasn't as obnoxious as I had hoped, but still ugly. (I added the googly eyes myself. Next year, I want flashing lights, sequins, fur etc!) Here I am with the competition. The guy in the middle was glad for any excuse to wear his Cosby sweater (Apparently his wife isn't a fan...). The other lady ended up winning, BUT she only had it on for the contest! Foul! Second place isn't too bad, but watch out-next year is my year!

Strings Attached
Next we played games. The first game was a relay where you had to pass a candy cane tied to a string through your clothing down a whole line of people. Our team won!
We Got Game
Next we played fruit basket and wink.
Panarama Needed
After games, it was time for the gift exchange. Heidi, Heather and I started our own gang (complete with hand signs) when we realized we all had wide feet and were wearing Christmas socks. (Jealous, aren't you?) WF forever!
Seriously?
The gift exchange has always produced some interesting gifts that no one wants, but this year the fought over gifts were unusual too. A Tupperware setand leopard printed snuggies, really?(They are newly engaged, that explains the PDA. Give 'em a year or two...Can I hear an "amen" married ladies?)
I ended up with a Christmas night light to put in W's room and a cute cloth gift bag. Not too shabby....
Anybody else go to any fun Christmas parties this year?

linking to

1 comment:

dragonfly said...

Pls will you send me the recipe for this dish.
Thanks : )