Friday, January 22, 2010

Chicka Chicka ABC Day

ART
PLAYTIME- flashcards. First we did them normally, then I made a maze he followed in alphabetical order. Then I called random letters and he had to jump on them. I also let him throw them up in the air and find them in alphabetical order to clean up.
Alphabet puzzle
we made letters with our bodies,

"A" but it was more fun when our friends helped






magnets on cookie sheet. W put them in alphabetical order and spelled words with them. SONG TIME We sang "Every letter makes a sound", "I said a Book Chicka Boom and all the versions of the alphabet I know.

LUNCH- I was going to just make ABC veggie soup, but W wanted a tree. Voila-turkey smoked sausage, green beans and alphabet tator tots with pear "sand" and grape "coconuts". READING We have a lot of alphabet books and read Chicka Chicka ABC three times!
SNACK- I wanted to use alpha-bits cereal instead of the cheese crackers, but I couldn't find them at my store.I've also seen this with a peanut butter-covered banana instead of the pretzel stick. It was a fun day.Check out my other theme days HERE. See what other people do with their preschoolers at:

13 comments:

Preschool Mommy said...

You are so creative! You're "tree" lunch is so cute! It looks like he had a great time! This is my first time seeing your blog...I'll be sure to come back!

Jo Shabo said...

so creative!! I have GOT to get that book! I love the hotdog tree- how sweet!
Really cute ideas- thanks for sharing!

Candace said...

Okay, now you've inspired me to dig through all of my boxes of teaching stuff to dig out Chicka Chicka! (E loves to be read to and that's such a fun book)

How do you come up with your ideas for your theme days? Do you come up with them on your own, or is there a website you like?

Thanks for sharing!

Candace said...

...now I feel silly! I guess I should have clicked on the Preschool Corner link at the end of your post. I'm going to bookmark that site - neat ideas!

Kari Falk said...

So cute! I love Chicka Chicka boom boom. I will have to steal the ideas if I teach kindergarten again.

Mama to 3 Blessings said...

I love it! We had Chicka Chicka on our minds this week - we did Chicka Chicka 123. 1st time at your blog - very nice! :)
Nicole

Melissa: Mother to 3 Little Sprouts said...

You are so creative! I love the food ideas!

Ticia said...

I loved the pictures of the kids making letters with their bodies. So cute!

Debbie said...

Everything is so cute! I especially love the kids making the alphabet with their bodies! Great ideas!

Our Country Road said...

Such adorable ideas! I love your food tree-I am going to try it. I didnt know they made letter chicken nuggets. Isnt the Alphabet Mystery a great book? We really like it.

Raising a Happy Child said...

I loved visiting from Preschool Corner. Your tree lunch and snack are so amazing, and I liked making letters with the bodies activity. Oh, and we liked the same Alphabet Mystery series too!

Angela said...

We just finished the Chicka Chicka ABC Theme but I Love the food ideas. I may have to re-visit it just so i can do these.

Jolanthe said...

That hot dog tree is way too cute!!! LOVE it! :)

Thanks for joining up and sharing your ideas with us.