Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Acorns Everywhere!

At breakfast....acorn shaped pancakes.At art time....cutting and gluing a paper acorn.
At outside time....gathering acorns and observing an oak tree.











At science/math time....estimating and counting the acorns we gathered. (49!) Then examining them with a magnifying glass.At reading time....acorn books.At snack time....doughnut acorns.
At worksheet time...drawing and writing about what we learned today. Acorns Everywhere!

Check out more of my themes and crafts here OR see what other bloggers are doing at one of these great sites!


preschool corner

abc button


Shibley Smiles

13 comments:

Lindsay said...

oo look at all of that fun acorn learning! The donuts look tasty!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

This is great - I think we have at least one of those books on hold right now - I'll keep all of these activities in mind!

Brimful Curiosities said...

One of my favorite parts of fall is finding acorns on our walks.

Debbie said...

I love the picture of your son with his acorn donuts!

Dorie said...

What a great lesson on acorns. The crafts, snacks, and activities were neat. I think this would be perfect for my little one. Thank you for sharing.

Rebecca said...

This is such an adorable theme! I love everything you did!

RedTedArt said...

Wow there really are acorns everywhere in your house! Love ALL your activities. what a great job!!

Maggy
Kids Get Crafty
Red Ted Art

RedTedArt said...

PS Thank you so much for linking up to Kids Get Crafty! Much appreciated!!

Maggy

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This is a wonderful unit. I love the doughnuts.

Holly said...

We have acorns everywhere. I'll have to keep these activities in mind.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Thank you so much for linking to Read.Explore.Learn. I will now have a permanent record to refer back to right on my blog.

kewkew said...

I love all the acorn activities here. Wish we had some oak trees nearby. Oh well, guess we don't need to go find real acorns to enjoy the other crafts.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings

amandab said...

What an amazing selection of activities, and I love the look of those acorn donuts! :)