Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Family Fun and Fudge

Sunday night, W's kid's choir performance at church was postponed because of the weather. We spent the evening, instead, in our pajamas!

Right before we watched Charlie Brown Christmas in front of the fire as a family, we made this super-easy fudge!

Candy Cane Fudge (made first on here.)
2 large bags of Candy Cane Hershey Kisses (entire bags, no sampling or it won't turn out right...trust me!)
2 14oz cans of sweetened condensed milk

Unwrap candies and put into bowl.









Pour both cans of milk on top of the kisses. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat until mixture is relatively smooth. Pour into greased pan and let cool completely.
The fudge is so good by itself, but you can also melt a chunk in a cup of hot milk for a great peppermint hot white chocolate, or for a minty cookie bark, add most of a bag of crushed oreos (cream and all) before letting cool!

6 comments:

Kari Falkf said...

Looks good. I might have to try some.

Candace said...

Yum! Sounds really good. I'll have to try it. :)

What I Did Today said...

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I NEED some! I think I will be going to the store for some ingredients tonight.

Lindsay said...

oo yum!! I have been trying to find some fun holiday recies that down use "chocolate" in the sense of my son wont eat milk chocolate. I think he would love this though!!

What I Did Today said...

I did it. And I linked to this post today. :) Thanks!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I love the idea, I mean LOVE the idea, of melting a piece in hot milk. Now we have to make another batch!