Friday, December 31, 2010

In With the New (Year)

This week, we had special pancakes, (last year we had '10 toast!)
and read a New Year's book.
We practiced counting backwards, reviewed the concept of "midnight" and did a lot of New Year's projects:

filled in and decorated a blank calendarmade a banner (coloring, tracing, cutting, spelling and lacing all in one project!)edible party hat,a Lego creationand a countdown ball (pop bottle filled with aluminum foil and decorated with number stickers)
I would love to see what everyone else has done for New Year's!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

oo what a great way to bring in the new year!

Michelle said...

WE'll be reading that book too today and doing a craft to go along with it! Happy New Year to you!!! I LOVE your ball drop :-)

Elle Belles Bows said...

Definitely need to check out the book! The edible hat is so sweet!! Happy New Year! Kerri

SnoopyGirl said...

Wow! What great ideas you have! I wish I had seen that book about New Years. Looks great! I hope you have a blast celebrating the New Year with your family!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

The book looks great! I would love to read it while eating pancakes and wearing a special hat.

Thanks for linking to Read.Explore.Learn. I have Stumbled this post.