Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sweets for the Street

Every year, we make some Christmas treats for the neighbors. In 2007, we made cranberry orange bread, in 2008 pretzel candies and thumprint cookies, and last year, cake balls and oreo truffles.

This year, W and I packed most of the tins with peanut butter cornflake cookies and oatmeal scotchies
and the rest with this light lemon cookie. (I was nervous the flavors wouldn't mix well if they were all combined in the same tins.)
Lemon Drop Cookies
1 box lemon cake mix
1 container Cool Whip (8oz)
1 egg
powder sugar
Mix first three ingredients. Form into balls.
Roll in powder sugar. Do not flatten. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Makes 2 dozen.

We deliver these tonight! (Now to make teacher/bus driver/E's coworkers treats...)

5 comments:

Candace said...

When I read your facebook status about the lemon cookies, I wondered if it was the recipe using lemon cake mix. My mom read about the recipe in a newspaper article, but they didn't give amounts of ingredients or baking temperature. I'll have to tell her that I have the recipe now! I love anything lemon....can't wait to try them!

Kayte said...

What an interesting cookie recipe. I will have to try it.

April said...

I wish we were neighbors so that I might get some :)

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

What pretty tins. I made up a batch of peanut brittle for our neighbors, and hope to add some ginger snaps, and fudge - but ours will just go on little paper plates.

Lindsay said...

yum and I think you are right the flavors would totally blend I think!