Tuesday, February 22, 2011

President's Day

Last year, we focused our President's theme day around Abraham Lincoln. This year, we talked about George Washington.

We ate his likeness for breakfast (on a president place mat!).....We found him and other presidents in a game by reading the backs of a pile of mixed up flashcards....We read books about him (and talked about fiction, non-fiction and dental care).....and put the presidents in number order.
(B liked running over the flashcards and scrunching them.)
W helped me make bingo cards using this template and president stickers we had.Then, we played Bingo. In order to win, W had to tell one fact about each president he covered. We also sang the the President song. VIDEO
video

and ate cherry pie (with a quick reminder of fractions)!Yum!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great President's Day activities! I love the bingo w/ the facts and breakfast! Did you cut that out or did you have a cookie cutter?

Candace said...

Wow! I'm very impressed with W's president song! Great job W!

It looks like you had a great educational day. Your post definitely made me think of/miss my teaching days. I can't wait until E is older and I can do these things with her!

Lynn Falk said...

W did a great job! Does he have that memorized? So cute!

Your blog always makes me feel like a bad mom! :) (I mean that in a nice way) You do so much with your boys!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love your George meal. The fraction lesson with pie looks like fun too.

Kari Spear said...

whoa momma!!!! That is awesome that he has that song down!! I wish I knew that :)

RedTedArt said...

Your president bingo really made me smile! You come up with some really fun ideas to teach "potentially boring" things to your kids! No boredom in your house!!!!

Thanks for joining Kids Get Crafty again, love your visits!

Maggy

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Great ideas! Thanks for linking up!

Jackie H. said...

Love the bingo game. Looks like they are really getting their information learned in fun ways!!