Friday, June 3, 2011

Graduation Day!

Before the ceremony at school, we celebrated by making a mortarboard craft and eating a diploma for lunch!I got a front-row seat for the program! The kids alternated between alphabet songs and poemsand reading about what they want to be when they grow up.

One boy said he wanted to be his dad because he loves him (I may have teared up on that one) and a little girl said she wanted to be a "waitress at Red Lobster" because it was her favorite restaurant. Most of the other kids said they wanted to be vets, teachers or police officers.

My kid? Just listen for yourself... (VIDEO)
video

He got a little embarrassed about the attention.After each child had a turn, they lined up to get their certificate and shake hands with the teacher and principal.













We were then free to leave. W first got a picture with his current best friend, Mallory, his teacher and her helper.












Then we headed home to share the cookie cake I made just for the occasion!I can't believe my little guy is a first grader now!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

ohh my word could W be any cuter! I love that he wants to be Batman!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Absolutely dorable!!! what a wonderful day! You must be so proud.

kari falk said...

Cute! One year down, 12 to go.