Monday, August 26, 2013

Beginning Third Grade

We are all ready!  A couple of week's worth of outfit are set out, the freezer is stocked with fast breakfast items (granola balls, pancakes, muffins, etc.),


lunchbox notes are printed, school supplies are labeled and put into the new backpack and the teacher's gift is done!
 Annual first day  photo shoot




  Little Brother wanted to get in on the action, too! He put on a backpack and wanted his picture taken!
Start of the School Year questions:

  • Favorite food?
First grade: mac n cheese 
Second grade: mac n cheese
Third grade: ranch house pork loin
  • Favorite sport to play?
First grade:  basketball
Second grade:  Tball
Third grade: baseball

  • Favorite television show?
First grade:  Phineas and Ferb
Second grade:  Ninjago
Third grade: Ninjago (I thought for sure he would have said Star Wars)

  • Coolest person on earth? 
First grade:  ou (mom)
Second grade:  Jesus
Third grade: you are (Awww!)
  • Favorite thing about school?
First grade:  lunch
Second grade:  see my friends and playing at recess
Third grade: recess
  • Thing I do awesomely- 
First grade:  playing batman (video game)
Second grade:  play video games
Third grade:Legos

  • If I could change my name, it would be: 
First grade:  Batman
Second grade:  Kai
Third grade: Lloyd (a different Ninjago character)

  • If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go:  
First grade:  stay at my Nuna for a couple of days
Second grade:  Legoland
Third grade: underground
  • Favorite color: 
First grade:  black
Second grade:  red
Third grade: green
  • Favorite toy:  
First grade:  Batman imaginext toys
Second grade:  Lego ninjago sets
Third grade:  Lego

  • When I grow up, I want to be
First grade:  Batman
Second grade:  a ninja
Third grade: a ninja
  • favorite movie:  
First grade:  Batman Brave and Bold
Second grade:  don't have one
Third grade: Ninjago the movie

  • Favorite Song
 First grade:  Cars songSecond grade:  Ninjago
Third grade: Ninjago
  • Favorite book:  
First grade:  Bernstein bears
Second grade:  Choose Your Own Adventure
Third grade: Ninjago  (I thought he would say Diary of a Wimpy Kid or Captain Underpants)

  • Three words that describe me: 
First grade:  strong, clean and smelly (he thought this was hilarious)
Second grade:  sneaky, hungry, tired,    
Third grade: adventurous, ferocious, quiet

  • When I was little, I used to: 
First grade:  watch jeopardy with you all the time
Second grade:  play with baby toys
Third grade: eat baby food
  • Favorite season  
First grade:  summer because it is good to be home
Second grade:  fall because school starts
Third grade: season 1 of Ninjago ha ha- summer because I don't like school

  • Snack I could live on:  
First grade:  Hershey's chocolate
Second grade:  cake
Third grade: chocolate donuts

  • Food I don't like:  
First grade:  mushrooms, chicken and stuffing
Second grade:  chicken and stuffing
Third grade: chicken and stuffing  

  • Best friend:  
First grade:  Mallory
Second grade:  Nic 
Third grade: Nic
  • If I had one wish, it would be 
First grade:  that I would never be an old man
Second grade:  that I had all the Lego Ninjago sets
Third grade: that I had every single Lego set that I liked
  • My best memory: 
First grade:  the whole summer
Second grade:  right now
Third grade: Disney World

His first day was a success! He said they mostly just learned the rules. He was excited that they got to pick where they sat for lunch, but bummed when his class missed five minutes of recess for talking. Tonight, we are having W's choice for dinner (ranch house pork loin and corn on the cob) and some copycat Wendy's Frosty's for dessert! 

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

aww loved reading this with the previous years answers! Both boys look so big in their back to school pictures!!