Saturday, September 28, 2013

What Was Pinteresting This Week...

So glad Fall is here! Since our bucket list is huge, we had to get started right away!

Monday,  the boys built with apple pieces and toothpicks

  and read apple books.

Tuesday,  
I made a  hummus scarecrow for snack,


 the craft of the day was a  paper plate bingo dauber apple,
 and Nuna came over for some oven-baked pork chops and rice!
Wednesday, we went to the library, ate some crockpot cubed steak and gravy, then had "sports jersey" night at Awana. (While this picture was being taken, hot chocolate was pouring down Angie's back from a cup I knocked over...oops!)

Thursday night, the boys had colored milk toast for breakfast,
B made a  melted crayon tree, (a lot of trial and error for that project! The crayons blew everywhere so we tried to microwave them, which almost caught the paper on fire! We had to glue them down first and then blowdry!)

and, because Pastor Scott was coming over to talk to the boys about baptism,
I made (sorry, no pictures, but I'm sure I'll make it again!)

APPLE CRISP
Serves 4-6
4 golden delicious or Granny Smith apples (I used 8 because they were small) 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
Topping:
1 cup brown sugar 
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups instant Quaker Oats 
2/3 cup melted butter

Peel, core and slice the apples. (I used my apple corer/slicer). Place them in a bowl with the ground cinnamon, and gently toss to coat. Then pour into 8x8 a casserole dish. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and brown sugar for the topping then add the Quaker Oats and mix well. Pour the melted butter over the mixture and mix well. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples and bake at 375°F for 30-50 minutes until the sides are bubbling. Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Friday, 
we read leaf books,
 W practiced his spelling words with alphabet flashcards,
 and B collected leaves and made a hedgehog out of them!
 Saturday was the first day of hunting season! So while E was spending 11 hours in his unpadded tree stand, the boys and I stayed at home, ate warm, delicious apple waffles   
 (Ok, the boys ate them... I had an apple pie smoothie!)

made apple candles (the example was way cuter)
 
and homemade stickers! (W made Minecraft faces to stick on his Lego guys, B made some big shapes, cut them into pieces and then was done, no lickin' and stickin' for him!)










 It was a fun week!

2 comments:

Kari Spear said...

All so cute and creative!!!! And you look great Brittani!! I wish I could drop the weight like you' ve done!

Lindsay said...

What fun!! You have been marking things off your bucket list quickly!! We got 2 of our things done yesterday :-) My list is going up tomorrow but I kept it short this time!