Friday, October 24, 2014

Sorcerer's Stone and Snacks

The boys are all about Harry Potter right now,
 
(homemade costume, driveway drawings)
 

so after we finished the first book during our nightly reading, I decided to make watching the movie a real event!
 
While the boys got dressed and posed,  
I made chocolate pretzel "wands", cookie "sorting hats", Quidditch broom corn and pumpkin juice, then bought out some candy "golden snitches" and "Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans".
 We drank the juice right away, but brought out the treats only when they were shown in the movie!

"Harry" approves...

both "Harry"s!

In fact, W loved it so much that now that we have started the second book, he's keeping a list of every food mentioned so we can eat it on our next movie night!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

oh my goodness so much fun!! I would have loved to come over for movie night! I love those books (and movies)