Thursday, September 10, 2015

Feeding My Addiction, Cheaper

Since my Chik-fil-A iced coffee habit has gotten a wee bit out of hand, I thought it might be cheaper to buy the supplies to make them myself!


The Perfect Iced Coffee
3/4 cup coffee, cold (I'm still searching for the best brand)
5 or 6 ice cubes
5 pumps Monin pure cane sugar (pump is 1/4 oz. Each pump is supposedly equal to sweetness of one sugar packet.)
1 pump Monin vanilla OR caramel syrup
1 1/4 cups milk

Chik-fil-A cost=2.65

home cost=
.25 cents for coffee,
milk .13 per cup if  buy half gallon for a dollar on sale,
syrup 22.00 / 2= 11.00/25 svgs= .44c

Only $.82 or so for an iced coffee, providing I use my own cup!! (Not a problem!)

I will miss having the people at Chik-fil-A knowing my name and my order, but the savings are worth it!

No comments: