Monday, November 16, 2015

Visiting Nanny and Papaw

After hunting and bowling,

 

and some pie making for me, (german chocolate pie for dad. The rice crispy one was supposed to look like a pumpkin pie!)


we drove to Indiana for Thanksgiving dinner #1 (We've got three more coming!) (E and I were talking, and I told him "I wouldn't make you do something you don't want to do on your birthday!" and he said, "Where are we going right now?!")

Dad couldn't wait until we got there for turkey...he couldn't even wait until it was cool enough to touch!
(Dad playing hot potato with his "precious".)
 
When we got there, we admired dad's barn project,
the boys played outside, (Our neighbor came over to talk to my parents because B was whistling to his guard dogs.)
 
mom cooked and the guys watched football in the man cave!(They both had gotten up at 4:30 a.m.!)
Dinner was great! Afterwards, we celebrated birthdays! I made an Oreo cream pie for my niece (Happy 13th!)

E got something for the hunting cabin from my parents, and later, dad opened his gift from us, a hammer!
(While we were there, he used it for a backscratcher, a lid opener and closer....everything except hammering nails! ha ha)

 
Charlie Brown Thanksgiving! Toast, pretzels, jelly beans and popcorn! (I hinted for homemade popcorn, but mom (who had just hand washed all the Thanksgiving dishes and was in the middle of hemming a pile of pants for me, said "I think microwave will be fine." LOL)


Pud got up for work, so I packed him a turkey sandwich and some "pumpkin pie"....I'm sure his coworkers loved seeing it!
The next morning, E did some supervising,

then my step-brother, Ryan, came over for lunch. We had turkey and noodles, mashed potatoes and leftovers.  We talked for a bit, saw pictures of the house Ryan was having built, then we headed home! A great visit!

No comments: