Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter in Alabama

The boys had gotten Easter baskets from BopBop and Sherry when we arrived, so when they saw new ones on the table the next morning, B said, "The Easter Bunny strikes again!"
 
I had gotten a great deal on an Easter dress ($12.00 at Dillards Clearance Center) to match shirts that the boys already had,
and E bought a green tie....He said, "I at least get points for trying!"
We ventured out in the rain to the big church Sherry had been to a couple of times.

The kids had no qualms going to the children's area, the singing was awesome, I got a free water,  all sermon notes were online and I liked the pastor. The only unusual thing was that they had they ALICE protocols displayed on the announcement screens before the service started...sad that we live in a time when that is necessary....(Although I've already seen people open carrying here in Alabama, so it might not be that big of a problem here!)

We did pictures after church,
then ate ham, mashed potatoes and green beans, visited with Sherry's mom, blogged and did an Easter craft
I got a nap, and then we spent the rest of the night like this!
Relaxing Easter!

No comments: