Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Salads!

My favorite salads are taco, chipotle bowl (with rice) , cheeseburger (dressing is mayo & mustard)and wings/fried chicken! Now I have two more for the favorites list!

RAMEN SALAD
(I've tried a similar recipe before, but I loved this one that was served in my FIL's hospital during our Spring Break trip.) I'm trying some sesame salad dressings to see if I can make a shortcut version for my lunches!

base:
I head Napa cabbage
1 bunch chopped green onion

Topping:
2 packages oriental ramen noodles (dressing packets reserved for dressing.)
1 cup sliced almonds
1/4 sesame seeds
(the almonds and sesame seeds should be sautéed in 1 stick of butter.)

dressing
3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar
3 TB soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar
2 reserved seasoning packets from the ramen noodles

Heat on stove until sugar melts.

Combine.

AVOCADO WHITE BEAN CAESAR

2 cups Romaine lettuce
1/4 cup, canned white beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 avocado
Half ounce freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
1 TB Caesar salad dressing.



Combine. Serve immediately.

No comments: