Saw that E ordered me a Mother's Day necklace with the boys' birthstones on it!
B turned on House Hunters for me, and W made me into a Lego minifigure! (I have an apple in one hand, and an ice cream bar in the other. W said that is for "How you eat healthy but then don't really want to!" ha ha)
(I helped Angie in Sunday School and we helped the kids make a craft.)
lunch, then a nap before trying three new recipes
RADISH CUCUMBER SALAD
(apparently, the #1 summer salad in Ukraine)
- 2 medium cucumbers,
- 6-7 radishes,
- 1 bunch of scallions,
- 1 cup of cottage cheese or feta (needs both, I think)
- salt and pepper
- Peel, half, seed, and slice cucumbers.
- wash and thinly slice the radishes.
- chop the scallions.
- Place allt he ingredients into a medium salad bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir and enjoy!
PRALINE CRUNCH BARS
Serves: 20 bars
- 1 (18 ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup toffee pieces, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (I skipped these because I don't like nuts.)
- 1 (12 ounce) package miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place cookie dough, 1/2 cup toffee pieces, and the pecans in a large resealable plastic bag and knead to combine. Press dough evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with chocolate chips immediately after baking; let stand for about 5 minutes or until chocolate is softened, then spread evenly over the bars. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup toffee pieces.
- Chill in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes to set chocolate. Remove from pan onto a cutting board and cut into bars. Store covered in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or freeze for up to 1 month.
CROCKPOT BLACKBERRY COBBLER
- In a bowl mix together flour, milk, 1 cup sugar, & butter until batter forms. Pour into a greased 4 qt crockpot. Sprinkle in the washed blackberries. Top with the final ¼ cup of sugar.
- Cover and cook on high 2 - 2½ hours.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
for a cookout at Kari's with the best MIL in the world!
and throwing toys to form a wall, trapping R and B.
A great ending to a great Mother's Day weekend!