Saturday, July 23, 2016

Falk Friday

We started our fun Friday with a quick trip to the grocery store, where W got the world's best deal with his birthday money.
(A 140.00 dollar Lego set for 21.00! I couldn't believe it when we price scanned it!) It came with six minifigures, and even though (according to W) it is inaccurate because  "sting" the sword was on the shelf when Bilbo didn't get it until later in the story, it is still his "most favoritist Lego set in the world"!


Then we made a quick yard sale stop, where I spent 3.00 for some books, a game and a pair of shorts for W, and let the kids buy something from the $.10 box.

  lunch, (B was so proud of the monster sub he made)
then we spent the afternoon just waiting until the Falks boys came! (I had volunteered to watch the boys overnight so they could celebrate their shared birthdays.)

The boys started right in on video games,  
 made some booger balls (from a kit W got at his birthday party),

 

 played outside,
 
 had some warm cookies for dessert, 
then played a little more video games and Legos before it was time for bed.

Alex asked me why I had so many extra toothbrushes, and (so I didn't have to reveal I'm a former prepper/hoarder) just told him I used to be a couponer. 
The boys all slept in the same room, and except for having to go in a couple of times because Zachy was screaming "AVADA KEDAVRA", 
the glow sticks kept them occupied and quiet until they fell asleep! 
I was up and showered by 6:30, and everyone but Owen was up by 7:30am. We had breakfast- UDF chocolate milk and (using the sausage I browned the evening before)
Kari's breakfast Casserole.

1 pkg crescent rolls (easier to use the flat ones that aren't perforated.)
1 lb mild sausage, browned and drained
6 eggs, beaten
3/4 cups milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 to 1.5 cups combined shredded cheddar cheese and mozzarella

Preheat your oven to 350. Take a 9×13 pan and spray it with Pam. Roll out crescent rolls in the bottom of the pan. Top with an even layer of browned and drained sausage, then pour in beaten eggs and top with cheese! :) Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
The boys had a blast and I was glad I could do something for my best friend! :)

No comments: