Sunday, August 21, 2016

Weekend

Had a bad dream Friday night, (think it is all the advil I am taking for my teeth/gums...) so got up early to get an iced coffee and go to the grocery.

B was full of texts, until I tried to help his grammar...

When I got home around 8:45am, I made some homemade biscuits and gravy, then took a nap!

When I got up and trudged out to our dirty kitchen in my pajamas, E had invited our neighbor in to measure the kitchen and window for some future renovations!!!

After a Pinterest project to clear some clutter off W's dresser (Thanks for breaking out the drill, E!)
 
E headed to the land, and I took the boys to lunch at Applebee's (not my choice, food was meh, but I did have free kid's meal coupons.)
 Afterwards, we hit the store for some dessert (yes, I am a sucker.) headed back home to watch the Angry Birds Movie and for me to try another Pinterest idea.
idea                            my version
 

Poor E was trapped in the cabin all night because of rain, and didn't get anything accomplished. (So I helped him research kitchen remodel ideas by sending him texts of kitchens from Pinterest, ha ha!)

The next morning, I used some old bananas and made some Hummingbird Pancakes 
  • 1 1/2 cups baking mix, such as Bisquick
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups half and half
  • 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large), plus sliced bananas, for serving
  • 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped (I did not use these.)
  • Sliced strawberries, for serving

Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat. In a large bowl, combine the baking mix and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, mashed bananas, pineapple, sugar,
butter and egg until smooth. Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir just until the dry ingredients are
moistened, taking care not to overmix. Fold in the pecans.Using a 1/4-cup measure,
pour the batter onto the griddle and cook the pancakes for 2 to 4 minutes, watching for the tops to start
bubbling. Flip and cook for 2 to 4 more minutes. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
Serve with sliced bananas and strawberries.
then church and a nap!

No comments: