Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Cheesy Potatoes and Monster Toes

Despite not being able to find most of my dishes and having no countertops or sink, I was still able to make a new recipe I saw on facebook for my family (and double it so I could bring some to Kara's family)!

Potato Lasagna (Ham and Cheese Bake)
5 potatoes, peeled and sliced
8-10 slices ham (I used the
9 thin slices mozzarella cheese (think I'll try cheddar next time)
6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I used Monterey jack)
salt, pepper, garlic salt
¼ cup parsley, chopped
1 cup heavy cream (OR use milk and put slices of butter between layers.)
2 eggs

1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Slice the peeled potatoes into ½-centimeter slices.
3. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper, tossing them to make sure they’re coated evenly.
4. Press a layer of potatoes evenly into the bottom of a greased, square baking pan.
5. Place half of the ham slices evenly on top of the potatoes, followed by half of the sliced cheese.


6. Follow with another layer of potatoes, then the remaining ham and sliced cheese.
7. Sprinkle the bacon and parsley evenly on top of the sliced cheese, and place one final layer of potatoes on top.
8. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the potatoes, then press it into an even layer.
9. In a small bowl, mix the heavy cream and eggs. Pour on top of the shredded cheese.
10. Bake for about 40 minutes, until the cheese is a deep golden brown.
11. Cool slightly, slice, then serve!

Since I was already killin' it on the home front, I decided it would be the perfect night for Monster toes and a movie for the boys! (circus peanuts and runts candy)
 

No comments: