Thursday, October 20, 2016

Homemade Halloween

Building B's costume
B had originally wanted to be Jabba the Hutt, but there were no costumes to be found. His second choice, Gamorrean guard had one vintage mask on ebay, so we bought it!

Twenty dollars for that, plus another 50 dollars for green clothes, leather, fur, cheap "armor" and brads, then some pattern making and hand sewing,
I found two knight helmets at the dollar store that I cut apart to make the shoulder armor, and added belts we already had....

We added arm muscles with an old Spider-Man costume underneath, and I hot glued the leather circle and the shoulder armor in place!

While I had the glue gun running, I made some "hobbit feet" using second hand shoes for W's costume....
Same fur as B's costume! (I'll use the rest as a fancy fur stole for my church Halloween party costume.)

I made a costume for me, too! (I might wear an actual iced coffee lid as a hair accessory...) Only cost me $12.00 for shirt and poster board!
 I made it to wear on Wednesday at AWANA costume theme night, but I will probably also stop in to Chick-fil-A on Halloween to show all my friends!

No comments: