Sunday, November 27, 2016

Church Christmas Party

Time for our church's annual gag gift party!

The gifts we bought to give were pretty awesome!

I made Santa bread,

and tweaked my cherry cheesecake recipe with a cranberry topping!
In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cranberry juice until smooth. Add cranberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.

Betty decorated,

and there was a lot of fun holiday clothes,
but the boys missed all of it! (The babysitter cancelled and they were the only kids, so they did their own thing in their Sunday School class.)
After we ate, we played one game (which our team dominated thanks to Carla punching the box!)
judged the top three best ugly sweaters, (Tom and his wife, Shanna and Kiara)  then got to the most fun part- Dirty Santa!
As always there were some very interesting gifts(with gift cards if you are lucky), a bag of dog food, a farting Santa, toilet golf, Elf boxers,
plunger tree
I got a nice plate and a gift card to use on iced coffees.
E had the Macarena flamingo, but I knew that pastor had number 1 and he wanted it, so I was ready to see it go.
Pastor told E he could keep it if he stood up and did the Macarena in front of everyone. I grabbed my camera; Eric stood up...
and took the flamingo straight to Pastor! (No surprise there!)

Then Alyssa's fiancĂ© revealed that there was a prize hidden INSIDE the dog food!
Betty gave B another centerpiece because he loved them so much (which he added to the other one and used as night lights)
I bagged up the bread (should have had a dip or something to go with it)
and Pastor Scott saw how much I hated the flamingo so he gave it to Eric to keep!

The kids were overjoyed and I got to hear the Macarena non-stop all the way home.
Not. cool.
Now to keep it out of my beautifully decorated living room!

No comments: