The boys woke up to a sprinkling of snow!
...And a special breakfast!
CHERRY CREAM CHEESE CANDY CANE PASTRY
1 tube crescent rolls
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla or almond extract
cherry pie filling
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla (or almond extract).
- On one cookie sheet, align four crescent triangles in a straight line along the wide ends, slightly overlapping the corners. Starting with the fifth crescent, begin curving the head of the cane.
- Spread the inside along the wide end of the triangles with half the cream cheese. Top with half the cherry pie filling. Fold over the points of the triangles to form stripes.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- For the icing:
- While the pastries are baking, combine all the ingredients for glaze, mixing until smooth. Frost the danish while it is still warm, taking care to only frost the crescent stripes.
W had no use for a napkin!
(B dropped his gingerbread house in the car, poor guy!) giving change for the bell ringer