(E said that sounded like a heart attack on a bun)!
He fried it, and we ate it. I took one bite, and E ate half a can!
He said it was so salty that he felt like he was already retaining water!
The next morning, I went to try some with eggs, and E had eaten the rest! After all the flack he gave me....
With one can left, I made this economical recipe:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I want to try butter next time)
- 1 (12 ounce) container fully cooked luncheon meat (e.g. Spam), cubed
- 1/2 green onion, chopped (I did not use this.)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 TB sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil (or butter?) in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add luncheon meat, green onion and garlic and saute until light brown. Stir in cooked spaghetti , then stir in soy sauce, water, sesame oil and pepper. Mix all together, heat through and serve.
This was really good, and cheap!